Prior authorization requirements
UniCare Health Plan of West Virginia, Inc. (UniCare) is available by fax or Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to accept prior authorization requests.
Our ICR tool via Availity* is the preferred method for submitting prior authorization requests for physical health, offering a streamlined and efficient experience for providers requesting inpatient and outpatient medical services for our members. Additionally, providers can use this tool to make inquiries on previously submitted requests, regardless of how they were sent (phone, fax, Interactive Care [ICR] Reviewer or other online tool).
To request or check the status of a prior authorization request or decision for a particular plan member, access our ICR tool via Availity. Once logged in, select Patient Registration | Authorizations & Referrals, then choose Authorizations or Auth/Referral Inquiry as appropriate.
* Availity, LLC is an independent company providing administrative support services on behalf of UniCare Health Plan of West Virginia, Inc.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Reimbursement Policies
- Provider Manuals, Policies & Guidelines
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Provider News & Announcements